perl-unicode

RE: is it utf8 or unicode?

2005-03-15 11:07:04

Now, in spite of Devel::Peeks label, it seems that perl's internal data
is utf-8. I am just curious as to why a :raw binmode would change the
data. If indeed it is, I am after all just guessing here.

I've seen bugs caused by utf-8 magically turning into iso-latin-1 (and
sometimes leaving the utf-8 flag set), but that might not be what is going
on here. (And I haven't seen that lately.)

What locale are you running in? I'm wondering if changing that will have an
effect. If you aren't in a utf-8 locale, maybe you could try it.

=Ed Batutis