perl-unicode

request for categorising unicode test failures on z/OS.

2005-04-13 02:11:33
Hi,
I am using perl-5.8.6 and running unicode tests for the same on z/OS unix.
I have categorised unicode test failures as below and wish to know which
of the below (any or all of them) is/ are the most important to fix from a
customer perspective.

1) Unicode properties. E.g. regular expressions of the kind
\p{EastAsianWidth : A} are tested and fail.
2) Testing DBM (database) filters by storing and retrieving specific data
(unicode alpha, beta and gamma characters) causes failures.
3) Unicode case folding is being tested (CaseFolding.txt) and fails.
4) The gsm0338 unicode specification is tested and fails.
5) Problems with utf hashes :
We have a test which contains the two following lines :
-----------------------------------
use utf8;
my %hash = (^69^22^AC^A0^69^21^69^22 => 123);
-----------------------------------
On running the script, perl complains thus : Unrecognized character \x69.

6) Pattern matches of the form  (":$lower:" =~ /:(([$UPPER])+):/i), where
$lower is a "latin small letter A with grave" and $upper is a "latin
capital letter A with grave", fail, whereas matches of the form
(":$lower:" =~ /:(($UPPER)+):/i) pass. The character class causes a
failure.

7) Writing to a file which is opened using ":raw:encoding(utf16le)" fails.

What would be the order of importance of the above categories of unicode
failures from a customer perspective ?

Thanks in advance,
Rajarshi.