perl-unicode

Support(ed|ing) ietnamese encoding in Encode

2007-09-18 04:21:23
Dear Mr. Kogai,

Your Encode supports Vietnamese viscii and CP1258 encoding.

As far as I know, there are more 4 legacy Vietnamese out there:

VNI
VPS
TCVN
VIQR

# Refer to http://vietunicode.sourceforge.net/charset/
# for mapping tables.

As a request, can you make Perl's Encode support these encodings?

It seems that all we have to do is make mapping tables under "ucm" folder.

Because I am quite new to Perl ( and Encode! ), I will not change Encode
but ask you to do so. I will test the modification when the encodings
are added.

Best regards,

Nguyen Vu Hung