perl-unicode

Re: silent upgrading situations

2007-11-12 13:41:50
E R skribis 2007-11-12 14:00 (-0600):
Are there any other examples? I'm especially interested in cases where
the non-utf8 string gets upgraded but actually doesn't change.

Although I strongly recommend against fussing over the internal
encoding except for performance reasons, encoding::warnings, available
from CPAN is a valueble module in finding these cases.

Don't forget to remove it before releasing something for production.
Automatic scalar upgrading is a very important feature, and not at all
scary.

(It happens with numbers too: the integer 1 is automatically upgraded
internally to a float, whenever that is needed.)
--
Met vriendelijke groet,  Kind regards,  Korajn salutojn,

  Juerd Waalboer:  Perl hacker  <#####(_at_)juerd(_dot_)nl>
<http://juerd.nl/sig>
  Convolution:     ICT solutions and consultancy
<sales(_at_)convolution(_dot_)nl>