perl-unicode

Unicode::Collate

2010-03-20 10:16:12
Unicode::Collate provides a straight-forward mechanizm for modifying the
sort order to take into account language-specific variations for example.
This is illustrated with the variations required for traditional Spanish I
think.  Nevertheless I might have expected to see derived modules providing
this behaviour built-in for different languages. Something like
Unicode:Collate::ES or Unicode::Collate::Spanish. This doesn't seem to
happen.  Is there a reason?

Also the module builds on allkeys.txt. Again I would have expected to see a
repository of <language>.txt files somewhere providing the necessary
localization, but I don't. Is it really the case that people are
independently crafting their own language localization files or have I
missed an archive somewhere?