perl-unicode

Re: encoding(UTF16-LE) on Windows

2011-02-02 03:06:25
Michael Ludwig (milu71(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de) writes:
For instance, I use Windows exclusively, so Unicode in file names is
no problem.

Did a quick test:

(v5.12.1) built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (so ActiveState)

* a�b.txt
* not correct
* doesn't have anything with "uni" or "utf" in "perl -V"

OK, so the implementation would have to know that on this platform
filenames are in UTF-16, on this it is UTF-8 and so on.

Not that it is a terribly big deal. In the program where I want to
support Unicode names, I've already written a module around Win32API::File,
which permits to open a file in Windows, and the associate it with
a file handle.

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel(_at_)sommarskog(_dot_)se