perl-unicode

Enumerating all canonically equivalent strings

2011-06-20 18:22:48
Does there exist a standard module or function that, given a Combining Character Sequence (or, more generally, an arbitrary Unicode text string), will generate a list of all canonically equivalent strings?

For example, if given the character U+1EAD, I'd like to get back a list of all these canonically equivalent sequences:

0061 0302 0323
0061 0323 0302
00E2 0323
1EA1 0302
1EAD

(I don't particularly care whether the interface is in terms of arrays of USVs or utf strings.)

Some years ago I created such a module for my own use (I called it Unicode::MakeEquivalents), and am now wondering whether there exists a standard solution to this problem (so I can abandon my own stuff), or whether I should pursue adding this functionality to CPAN somewhere.

Suggestions?

Bob