perl-unicode

Re: Please help me with this perl question

2012-02-14 04:01:43
Yes, it is possible. This is an example:

    perl -C -E'say"\x{e8f4}\x{e8f5}"'

Screenshot: <http://i.imgur.com/wivY9.png>

The magic happens not at the Perl level, but at the rendering step.

I first picked two unassigned codepoints. Unicode provides a private
use area for exactly this kind of purpose.

I also took care not to trample over a [registered script]
(http://enwp.org/ConScript_Unicode_Registry). Then I created a
font with two glyphs, `U+E8F4 ROTATED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER D` and
`U+E8F5 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITHOUT COUNTER`, and installed it.
Last, I restarted my terminal application so that the new font gets
picked up, and executed the Perl one-liner from above.