Automatic Stopping Variable

1995-10-15 13:40:18
I find out that whenever I am testing a new recipe and procmail runs into
a loop it will then start sending me mail messages on the average of
about 5 per second. I then have to quickly run over to my .procmailrc and
start disabling my individual "control" recipe files (I have everything
compartmentalized to allow me to turn off any single recipe file or whole
auto system).

Yet I figure, in situations like this where every second is important,
there must be a better way. How about creating a variable that I could
put at the top of the .procmailrc file titled EMERGENCYSTOP or something
of the sort. If it was equal to YES then procmail wouldn't run and
anything else would let it run. Then, at the end of my .procmailrc BEFORE
the INCLUDERC there would be a test for this variable and it would either
stop everything or let it continue.

Is this possible? Can anybody come up with a solution? Thanks,

  |  Brock Rozen  | InterNet Address: brozen(_at_)village(_dot_)ios(_dot_)com

  |               | CompuServe: 71614,240                                 |
  |               | ImagiNation: 1304                                     |
  |       Check out my homepage at  http://village.ios.com/~brozen        |
  |  For automated information on various subjects, send an e-mail to my  |
  |         InterNet address with SEND HELP on the SUBJECT line.          |