Re: Canonicalizing addresses

1995-10-18 21:05:32
"J. Daniel Smith" <dan(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com> says:
Bob Weissman writes on 18 October 1995 at 09:41:05
Is there a simple way to canonicalize an email address by adding
"@dom.ain" to the user name if it's not already there?
You're probably much better off leaving this to "sendmail" (or
whatever MTA you are using).  This is sendmail's job, and it will
automatically handle both address formats.  I'd spend the time working
on fixing sendmail.cf rather than tyring to make procmail deal with this.

Unfortunately this is not always possible, especially on machines for
which I have absolutely no control over the sendmail.cf file.

I've wanted a program like this too, but before I write one I'd like to
see if anyone else has written one already.

--
Tim Pickett
tlm(_at_)yoyo(_dot_)cc(_dot_)monash(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au