quick start of procmail

1995-10-25 07:30:41
Hello,

 I read through the man pages and I used from the PROCMAIL(1) man page I took
 from the NOTES section the following  .procmailrc file and a postprocess
 script, which I called movmail, since I don't want to use a .forward file.
 Now if I understood correctly my mailbox of /usr/spool/mail/danielt should
 have been sorted when it finds Subject headings of: dail or Dail or NCD.
 Well I ran movmail and nothing happened. Why????? What steps have I missed!

Let me know when you can,
Daniel
danielt(_at_)susq(_dot_)com

#         .procmailrc
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local2/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from

:0
* ^Subject:dail* Dail*
$MAILDIR/95Daily_Reps

:0
* ^From.*danielt
$MAILDIR/sysadm_daily

:0
* ^Subject:*NCD*
$MAILDIR/NCD_tech

#   my script called movmail
#!/bin/sh
ORGMAIL=/usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

if cd $HOME &&
 test -s $ORGMAIL &&
 /usr/local2/bin/lockfile -r0 -l3600 .newmail.lock 2>/dev/null
then
  trap "rm -f .newmail.lock" 1 2 3 15
  umask 077
  /usr/local2/bin/lockfile -l3600 -ml
  cat $ORGMAIL >>.newmail &&
   cat /dev/null >$ORGMAIL
  /usr/local2/bin/lockfile -mu
  /usr/local2/bin/formail -s /usr/local2/bin/procmail <.newmail &&
   rm -f .newmail
  rm -f .newmail.lock
fi
exit 0