Re: ===>>SPAM !!!

1995-10-29 15:20:50
Would you people CALM DOWN!!?!?!?

Why the hell does everyone have to go up in arms everytime someone sends
a spam? Spams are harmless! Spams even sometime are interesting and/or
useful!

Oo-uhp...scuse me, got some vomit on my keyboard.

Um, I don't know about you or anyone else here, but this cutesy,
"it's-okay-by-me" spam has been circulated under half a dozen different user
names and "domains" on as many mailing lists.  It's obvious to me the sender
is trying to make people pissed off--how can he possibly think someone will
buy that crap, and why does he think it's okay to send 19 and 20K files over
a billion groups?

AFAIC, it has to stop.  Now.  I'm tired of the spam, I'm tired of the "Who
cares" attitude about spam, I'm tired of ISPs letting people spam, I'm tired
of the jetwash of spam, and I'm tired of the bleedinghearts that say,
"Golly, just ignore it, and it'll go away."

I've got news for you all: when this method of spamming becomes the
preferred method of "marketing" on the internet, and people like us are the
bad guys because we're not allowing such litter to fly across the fiber, you
will care.  You will say something, most probably, "Why didn't we do
something about this sooner?"

The guy in the next cube from you, who's paying a per-message charge through
his ISP, is probably going, "Dammit, over three dollars this month on mail
I've itemized as being spam."  While that doesn't seem like a lot, I revert
to my earlier statement: if this becomes the preferred method, his bill (and
yours) will go up, and everyone will wonder why it's too out of control to
do anything about.

Spam has the letters m-a-s in it, which en Espanol, means "more."  I say no.
Not only no, but hell no.  And, I refuse to be told that my thinking is out
of line just because I don't want my mailbox flooded.

Do something now.  Do anything now.  But, don't be quiet and listen to
anything that sounds like an endorsement of litter

Carl