Sending command output via mail

1995-11-07 12:06:00
I would like to set up a mail alias called "info" where if someone from
outside our organization sends an e-mail message to "info", send/procmail
will send them back a file.

I tried testing this by putting the following alias in my aliases file:

sendlist: "|ls /etc | /usr/local/bin/procmail -f automailer -d"

This will send the output of the ls command when I mail it, but I cannot
see any header information (i.e., the to, from and subject lines are blank)
in my Windows based e-mail program (Pronto/IP).  I can, however, view the
to and from fields in mailx.

Is procmail the right tool for this job or is there an easier way to
perform this task?

Phil Johnson                    (V): 617-367-8626
Systems Administrator           (F): 617-367-8581
Applied Geographics             e-mail: pj(_at_)appgeo(_dot_)com
33 Broad St. Boston, MA 02109   http://www.appgeo.com/~agi1/agitop.htm