Re: Unidentified subject!

1995-11-08 08:56:43
 Andrej asked:

Could anybody explain, what is -a argument of procmail for?
It is mentioned also in sendmail 8.7 Guide, but neither there nor in
procmail manual is really described.

I understand, that -a flag sets $1 to its argument. But how is this
$1 used then?

        Well, this is how I would use it if I were able to convince the
administrators here:

                csdayton+midway.uchicago.edu would be my personal email address
                csdayton+lists(_at_)midway(_dot_)uchicago(_dot_)edu would be
for mailing lists
                csdayton+urgent(_at_)midway(_dot_)uchicago(_dot_)edu would make
lots of noise and
force me to notice it if I am logged on.  (if I had a beeper, it might
have the beeper go off)

etc.

Soren