Re: exmh, procmail-> no new indicator?

1995-11-13 04:51:26
On Monday 13 November 95, at 10 h 27, the keyboard of Olivier Guillard
<Olivier(_dot_)Guillard(_at_)ie2(_dot_)u-psud(_dot_)fr> wrote:

This answer is not enough with exmh, cause you want be notified when the mail
arrive, but the next time you will run exmh.

If you don't need *instant* notification, the best solution is to tell
exmh to run flist in the background. Here is how I do:

In my procmail script, I use things like :

:0
* ^From.*azulay
| /commun/mail/etc/rcvstore +Job/Elie;tri_mail

:1
* ^TO.*exmh-users@
| /usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +Listes/EXmh

:1
* ^TO(_dot_)*www(_at_)pasteur(_dot_)fr
| /usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +Boulot/WWW

etc...

In the .exmh-defaults (do not edit it by hand, use Preferences:
"Background processing" and "Incorporate Mail" instead):

*incStyle:      none
*incOnStartup:  0
*incOnMapping:  0
*bgAction:      flist
*bgPeriod:      2

Stephane Bortzmeyer           Institut Pasteur
bortzmeyer(_at_)pasteur(_dot_)fr         Service d'Informatique Scientifique
                              Paris, France
+33 1 40 61 34 62

http://web.cnam.fr/personnes/bortzmeyer/home_page.dom