Re: Tenex format with procmail?

1995-11-16 12:05:56
You asked on your mailing list:

Tenex is not natively supported by procmail.
Does anyone have a reference on the Tenex format?

        The source code for pine and MM.  (MM being an ancient mailreader
that was ported to unix from TOPS 20 and has comments in the file
locking code like: Oh well, that did not work.  Lets pretend it did and
hope for the best.  To add to the shock (no really.  I mean this.
Really I do.  I am overflowing with respect for this person.  It cannot
be expressed.....) Mark Crispin wrote it. He also asserts that it should
_never_ be used over NFS.

                                                   Maybe it can be built
in.

        For the integrity of procmail, PLEASE don't.

Soren