Re: [Linux-ISP] Re: Capital letters with SMTP

1995-12-12 06:26:42
On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Ed Okerson wrote:

This brings up one I ran into, I have a customer whose userid is all numbers.
I can't get his mail to work either.

I just ran into this problem as well.  Anyone know why sendmail (8.6.12
with a mostly slackware default cf other than procmail additions) refuses
to deliver to fully numeric usernames?  sendmail -bv will claim "User
unknown".

 Jon Lewis                      |  Mime attachments are OK
 jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)fdt(_dot_)net      |  But please ask before
sending
 http://inorganic5.fdt.net      |  unsolicited huge files.

________Finger jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)fdt(_dot_)net for PGP public