Re: Recipe Question

1995-12-27 18:04:32
At 15:07 95-12-27, Brett Bartick wrote:

An electronic paging package that I'm using gives the following rule
:1Hbc

Now my questions:

1. I've looked through all the documentation and I can't find any
  mention of :1

Double check "man procmailrc", where you'll find a description of recipe
flags, including 'n' for number of rules following.  (See below)

2. Does there need to be a space between :1 and the flags?

Doesn't matter

3. According to the documentation, it looks like rules need to start
  with '*'. Is the rule above valid?

Yes, since using the ':1' notation signified that you're using old style
syntax.  It sounds like your pager documentation was written for an older
version of procmail, and will work just fine.  A modern version would be:
    :0 Hbc
    * ^Subject:.*pager
    |/usr/local/bin/epage -q ......

--Hal
Hal Wine <hal(_at_)dtor(_dot_)com>     voice: 510/482-0597