Lock failure on "<mailspool>.lock"

1996-01-05 14:24:46
I've just upgraded to 3.11pre4 and have started getting this message
in my procmail.log file.  As far as I know everything is still working
OK as I have both fcntl and lockf locking as well.

I believe the message is because I have procmail installed privately,
the mail spool is 775 root.mail and I do not have permissions to
chown/chgrp/chmod the procmail executables as required to gain
permission to write lock files in the mail spool directory.

Is there a way to turn off dotlocking or should I just ignore the
error messages?

--[Lance]