Re: forward leftovers, but also keep here.

1996-01-09 09:51:34
On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

Is this an easy question disguised as difficult?  I can't seem to figure
it out.

If a message doesn't match any of my .procmailrc receipes, I want to then
forward that message to my other account AND keep a copy of it here in
the mailspool /usr/spool/mail/luomat.

I assumed the best way to do that would be to have my last receipe
forward the message (which I know how to do) and keep it locally too
(which I do not know how to do)

Don't forget that a recipe can only have one action.  Therefore, you
can't have the same recipe do both a forward and a save.

To solve this, just make your last recipe be the forward recipe with a 'c'
flag (carbon copy):

:0 c
! forwarding(_at_)address

This will foward all mail to your forwarding address and will keep a copy
in whichever box you have set up as your default mailbox.  Make sure that
your DEFAULT variable is set.

---
Derrick Green
eusdegr(_at_)wser(_dot_)ericsson(_dot_)se
Richardson, Texas