No luck with carrige returns

1996-01-11 08:31:43
I ma still having no success getting carridge returns in my error
messages.  I have procmail setup to process a message, adding error
statements to ERR each time it finds and error in the message.  It does
all this fine, exceptr all the errors are bundled together with no
carrige returns.  I tried this:

(on error condition)
ERR=$ERR
"Here is another error"

Putting a return after the ERR=ERR.  I have also tried newline characters
"\n", but it just puts a "\n" in the error message.  I looked through the
man pages but no dice.  If anyone has a suggestion I owuld appreciate
it.  Thanks once again!