Question about 'w' flag in .procmailrc

1996-01-17 10:09:18
I came up with the following recipe to mark mail
from certain users "urgent" for easy scanning
in Elm:

:0 chw
| formail -r -zx To: | fgrep -f .priority.list
:0 afhw
| formail -i "Priority: urgent"

If mail arrives from a user on my urgent list,
I add a Priority: header line and contiue on.
The question is, are the 'w' flags really
necessary? I've never really figured out why
they are critical.

Also, when using the 'c' flag, are multiple
concurrent procmail processes running? Maybe that
is what the 'w' flag does. It waits for the
clone process to finish before moving on (ie. the
parent must wait). That's my theory anyway...

--
Michael David Champigny
Software Engineer, Webmaster