Re: uudecoding, uncompressing and remailing with original header info

1996-01-17 12:19:31
What I would like to do, and have been unable to do, is this:

1) detect a NeXTMail message
2) perform the steps needed to convert the message to ASCII
(parts #1 and #2 I can do)

3) then pass the ASCII version of the message to the rest of the
procmailrc file for processing, or have it end up in $DEFAULT (with the
original header information still intact.

Just a suggestion, but wouldn't it be easier to do the exact opposite?  IOW,
have your $DEFAULT handle all NeXTMAIL, and send all ASCII stuff to the rc file?

I don't know about you, but the volume of NeXTMAIL I get is miniscule compared
to "standard" MIME and ASCII messages.  Since it seems clear how to deal with
those, I'd leave the monkey business to a default procedure that you only have
to write and debug once.

But, I've been wrong before.  (Let me know how it goes if nothing comes to the
list; I'm interested too!)

Carl