routing slips

1996-01-19 23:19:52

Has anyone thought about using procmail/smartmail to do a routing slip
for email, (by this I mean, it is sent to the first person, and is
edited, etc. and then edited version is sent to the second, and then
the third, and so on.) The idea is like routing memos, (not that I am
a fan of administrative environments.)

I think this could be done with a smartlist mailing list, such that a
mail is sent to the distribution list, and is saved, and forwarded to
the first person in the routing list, and when he/she/it replies, it
goes back to the mailing list, where it is saved, and sent to the
second person in the routing list, etc. Has anyone done this already?

        Thanks,

        John

--

John Conover, 631 Lamont Ct., Campbell, CA., 95008, USA.
VOX 408.370.2688, FAX 408.379.9602