Re: system level filtering

1996-01-30 19:45:09
John Sweeney <jsweeney(_at_)ibero(_dot_)uia(_dot_)mx> writes:
My system tech has asked me about the possiibility of using
procmail to filter all the incoming mail of the system so that each
mail goes to a file in the useres own system and not to /var/mail
whereit currently goes. We are having lots of problems with that
system filling up (mostly with the log of logins!)
Can anyone gives us a clue?

Assuming you're talking about delivery mail to user's home directories,
then check out section 3 of the examples/advanced file in the procmail
source tree; it gives all the details.

Philip Guenther