Re: "Resent-" headers

1996-01-31 17:22:07

Is there something special about "Resent-" headers?

  Yes!  Sendmail uses them over To, Cc, and Bcc headers when given a -t
option.

sendmail would run and no error messages were displayed.  But the mail would
vanish, never to be seen again (yet?).

  Nope, never.  It will get /dev/nulled by SmartList.

Finally, to get the mail to deliver I found that I had to do either:

 - delete all the headers that started with "Resent-"

  Which forces it to obey the original headers.

 - or send the message like this:

   cat msg | /usr/lib/sendmail moseley(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com(_dot_)

  which explicitly says who the envelope recipient is.

Did this type of mystery bother you too when you were first learning?

  Only until I learned the distinction betweeen the envelope and the headers.

Soren