Re: Confounding situtaion

1996-02-07 20:11:04
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Noah White wrote:

  I have just install procmail 3-11pre4 on a Solaris 2.4 system.  I followed
  the directions and installed procmail as the fully integraded mailer.
  I did not link /bin/mail to procmail, I instead modified the sendmail.cf
  Mlocal declaration as per the installation instructions. (I am running
  sendmail8.6.12)

  What happened then was that only mail sent from the mailhost got processed
  by procmail.  It was not until I linked /bin/mail to procmail did procmail
  process all incoming mail.  The instructions seemed to indicate that this
  link was not necessary for full integration.  Am I missing something? Is
  it better to link /bin/mail to procmail anyways?

  -Noah

So, the delivery agent has to be TCP. How do you handle Plocal (for example)?

---
Gregory Woodhouse     gjw(_at_)wnetc(_dot_)com
home page:            http://www.best.com/~gjw/
resource page:        http://www.best.com/~gjw/resource/