Re: Email forwarding

1996-02-09 09:14:40

When I get my stuff together, this just _has_ to become a FAQ.

:0
* ^TOtom(_at_)sibs(_dot_)com
! sibs(_at_)styx(_dot_)ios(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TOjoe(_at_)sibs(_dot_)com
! joet(_at_)styx(_dot_)ios(_dot_)com

When someone send an email:
  To: tom(_at_)sibs(_dot_)com
  cc: joe(_at_)sibs(_dot_)com

Tom gets two copies and Joe gets nothing.

  Sure.  Does this make sense to you?  Each letter goes through this and
matches the first condition.  THe problem is that the information that
you _really_ want is in the envelope.  Ideally you get to use a the
$#procmail delivery agent in sendmail, because that information is
available to you....  Otherwise....  No.  You cannot.  _this_ sort of
thing _really_ aught to be done within sendmail

Soren