Problem with mail spooled to user accounts

1996-02-13 22:29:21
I have just installed procmail on an Alpha 200 4/166 running Digital Unix 3.2d.
I am using it as the local mail delivery agent to deliver mail into users own
accounts.  This works fine - I can read the mail using programs such as Pine,
Elm, and dxmail. The problems arise when I try to read mail using Unix's own
mail and mailx. It returns the message "No mail" even when there is something
in
the mail file.

I have set up the MAIL enviroment variable to be the same as the SYSTEM_MBOX in
procmail but mailx does not seem to pick this up. Is there something else I need
to change? I know I can set up symbolic links but I'd rather not.  There must
be
a better solution.

Thanks,

Andrew Moar.