Re: confused Newbie

1996-02-15 10:17:33

try

        Recieved:

instead of

        TO:

On Thu, 8 Feb 1996, Graeme Kennedy wrote:

I have been using procmail to divert incoming mail for about a year.
Recently, I had a domain name registered at a local ISP, but there is no
shell or mail account at that machine (it's for web), so I have the mail
forwarded to a full shell account which supports procmail.

The weird thing is that procmail cannot recognize the recipient when it is my
domain, but can recognize senders.

eg: I want to redirect graeme(_at_)seercom(_dot_)com to
bluto(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com so I use:

          :0
          * ^TO(_dot_)*graeme(_at_)seercom(_dot_)com
             ! bluto(_at_)wimsey(_dot_)com

which I thought would work, but it is not redirected.

Am I missing something about redirected headers? The headers look normal to
me: "To: graeme(_at_)seercom(_dot_)com" &c.

I am investigating recipe order.

Any help would be appreciated. This has been baffling me an my ISPs for
months.
-Graeme.

PS: okay, I have another question. SmartList: how to add a footer to mailing
list distributions?

                   Graeme Kennedy, SEER Communications
Email: graeme(_at_)seercom(_dot_)com | http://www.seercom.com | tel:
604.816.6061

---
Stephen Balbach  "Driving the Internet to Work"
VP, ClarkNet     due to the high volume of mail I receive please quote
info(_at_)clark(_dot_)net   the full original message in your reply.