SmartList not recognizing new subscriber addresses

1996-03-21 13:33:41
I installed procmail and Smartlist last night on our BSDI system.  I have
a list up and running which I manually added the people from another list
to and it is working with those ok. However when a subscription request
or a unsubscribe request comes in it chokes on it.  For the subscribe
requests it places a little garbage in the dist file and returns the
message to the person with the garbage where is should show their
address.  The only problem I had installing was that when compiling
formail it died on the line where daemon is declared indicating that it
was declared as static and later as extern.  Looking at the original
decararation in th stdlib.h file it did not appear to be related so I
changed the name of the var in formail.c to daemonn and it compiled ok.
Is my problem related to this or somthing else.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

: Steve Ensley    steve(_at_)globaldialog(_dot_)com :/
: System Manager, Global Dialog Internet :/
:      608-223-0955 - 800-482-4638       :/
:          fax  608-223-09134            :/
:           Madison WI 53706             :/