Re: Remove parts of a message (MIME attachment)?

1996-03-24 02:14:56
From: Era Eriksson <reriksso(_at_)cc(_dot_)helsinki(_dot_)fi>

A few of the mailing lists I receive have recently contained lots of
messages from loser^H^H^H^H^H^H individuals who apparently use
Microsoft Mail or some other similar mail program. These messages will
contain a MIME attachment towards the end of the message, something
like this:

 > ------ =_NextPart_000_01BB1736.819C5640

It is true that it's annoying, and I would like a recipe too.  But this
is just a quick note to let you know that MIME can easily be turned off
in Microsoft Exchange.  I use ME myself.  I advise you to tell the folks
that haven't turned it off on their end to do so.  Have them

        A)  click "Tools" from the menu bar
        B)  select "Services"
        C)  highlight "Internet Mail" and click "Properties"
        D)  click "Message Format"
        E)  unselect the "Use MIME when sending messages" checkbox

I know this has nothing to do with procmail; but it's irritating enough
that those who want to should be armed with the info for their more
ignorant correspondents who need to do this.