Re: lowercase problem?

1996-03-31 23:55:51
On Sat, 30 Mar 1996 20:58:35 -0600, Philip Guenther
<guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:
Alex(_at_)zool(_dot_)unizh(_dot_)ch (I think, the citations are pretty
confusing) writes:
I did that, but still this one message will not be processed. I am at
loss, since again other messages have been processed. Looking at my
log file though, their header was always "ATLANTIS ZEITUNG" and not
"atlantis zeitung" as in this problematic mail.
Another thought: my version is procmail v2.91 1993/07/02 - perhaps it
I finally checked the procmail HISTORY file, and sure enough, grepping
for "case" gives:
1994/08/30: v3.06
            Changes to procmail:
               - Fixed a bug which was present since v2.30: 'z' was always
                 handled case sensitive (seems like not many people use
                 that letter :-) in regular expression conditions

For what it's worth, I'm running 2.71 here at the University, and it
worked just fine. I sent some test results to Alex in private. The
change history seems incorrect here.
  I found a version 2.92preSomething running on a machine at work
(we're talking professional admins here -- only the hobbyists and the
devoted are running recent versions, it seems ;^) and it had the bug.
So I guess Alex' 2.91 probably has the same bug as well.

FYI,

/* era */

 % procmail -v
 procmail v2.71 1992/07/01 written by Stephen R. van den Berg
 berg(_at_)pool(_dot_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
 berg(_at_)physik(_dot_)tu-muenchen(_dot_)de

 % cat .prc
 LOGFILE=:$HOME/procmail.log      # (the ':' is "verbose logging on" EB-)

 :1
 ^Subject: ATLANTIS ZEITUNG
 /dev/null

 :1
 .*
 /dev/null

 % echo Subject: atlantis zeitung | procmail .prc

 % cat procmail.log
 Match on "^Subject: ATLANTIS ZEITUNG"
 Opening "/dev/null"
 Folder: /dev/null                                                           27

--
See <http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/> for mantra, disclaimer, etc.