Re: Address problem with procmail: help!

1996-04-08 09:04:49
At 16:26 96-04-07, Brian Rankin wrote:

My question:  How can I capture the "real" To: address of email arriving
from mailing lists?   Any info greatly appreciated - I'm to the point of
desperation as I cannot implement my fax server without solving this!

Use sendmail.  Procmail (or any other filter program) does not have
access to the "envelope to" information.  This is the only place that
the original destination information appears with either mailling list
or BCC: addresses.

Note: you can configure your local sendmail to add an "X-Envelope-To:"
header to all messages, and then use Procmail to filter on that instead
of the ^TO macro.

--Hal
Hal Wine <hal(_at_)dtor(_dot_)com>     voice: 510/482-0597