Mailing List Centralization Code?

1996-04-16 08:39:13
I'm looking for a procmail routine to do the following rather than
reinvent the wheel (I've got to think that such a routine has already
been written):

I want to trap all messages to "Mailhost(_at_)foo(_dot_)bar" and filter them to
determine what commands are in the message.  If the message contains a
subscribe command with a list name, I want to generate a message to the
list-request address for the mailing list (the mailing lists are all
running under SmartList).  If the message contains a command "set listname
mail digest", then I want to send an unsubscribe message to the normal
list, and then a subscribe message to the digest version of the list (or
vice versa).  If the message contains a command "help", I want to return
a text file.

I can implement this change in the master procmailrc for the system.

Does this routine already exist, and if so, would someone please send it
to me as a mime attachment?

Thanks,
--Sam

Samuel Lewis, Esq.               :  Romanik, Lavin, Huss & Paoli
slewis(_at_)CompLaw(_dot_)com               :  Hollywood, Florida
http://www.CompLaw.com/~slewis   :  Phone:  954-922-4656