Re: An Apology for the previous mail

1996-04-28 22:49:46
Wotan <wotan(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
I can see how you would find a multi-part message with a specified
content - but how would you act on the parts?

I *thought* I had seen a tool for picking apart and playing with MIME
messages, but I'm now wondering if I merely had been *wishing* that
I had such a tool.  Perhaps a complete perl5 MIME module would make
possible a filter/command like:

        perl -mMIME=filter,strip -e 'strip("image/*");filter();'

which would recursively filter out any components of type image/*.
hmm...

Ah well, I withdraw my 'admonishment' until such time as the tools exist.

Philip Guenther