Re: Problem with Listservers

1996-05-02 09:03:34
On Thu, 2 May 1996, Guy Geens wrote (excerpted):

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Paul O Bartlett wrote:

    The problem is with the listservers themselves (well, at least two
of them, so far).  [etc.]

Check the from address on the mail. I guess it will be from
`listserv-owner' or `listserv-request' (and the same for listproc). The

    I just tried one earlier this morning with a HELP request, and the
reply came back from 'listproc', not 'listproc-owner' or whatever.
(Note: not 'listserv'.)

`@' at the end of your condition prevents matching on these.

    I will take out the '@', but adding these two conditions seems to
have caught and stopped the ringing mail condition.

I find this very strange, as ^FROM_DEAMON should catch them.

    That's what I thought, too, from the man pages, but apparently it
didn't.  By the way, I should have mentioned that I am using procmail
3.10.

    Thanks for responding.

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  URL: http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart