Re: formail -n

1996-05-06 21:25:46
dummy(_at_)c2(_dot_)org (Robert) writes:
Is there a way to limit the number of processes which are forked-off by
formail -n?  When I have a lot of messages, I frequently run out of processes
and basically my computer becomes unusable until all my mail has been
processed.

I don't believe so.  If you have a version of formail prior to 3.00
you should upgrade though, as (to quote the HISTORY file):

1994/06/14: v3.00
               - The -n option can now sustain itself by reaping children
                 if it can't fork() immediately

Philip Guenther