auto subscription

1996-05-07 12:14:23
Hi,

I run an email magazine, and I use listserv to mail out our issues once a
month, ....

Now, what I'd like to know is if there is a way to set up an auto
subscriber through my email....

What procmail would have to do is grab the sender's adddress first of all,
then grab the sender's real name on the subject line (the subject syntax
would be "coc subscribe Dr. X"), now one problem would be grabbing any
names with space in them, but I guess $MATCH could be used to grab
everything after "coc subscribe " right?

Now after we have the email address of this person, and their real name,
(if no name was used, we'd use their email address as their name).. we
have to send a message to <listproc(_at_)lists(_dot_)colorado(_dot_)edu> with a
body that
reads...

ADD COC-ZINE mypasswordhere drx(_at_)foo(_dot_)bar(_dot_)edu Dr. X

My problem is concatenating all that info, and grabbing the sender's
address and real name, I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me
out here... I'd be forever in your debt.....