Generating an e-mail message under certain conditions

1996-05-14 21:59:24
Assuming all variables are set properly and conditions are met, the
following recipe below will generate an e-mail message containing (almost)
nothing in it (except the basic headers, no subject) whenever the $HELPLOG
file exists. If it doesn't exist than it will be created by touch and the
unwanted e-mail message isn't sent.

Can anybody please enlighten me as to why this e-mail message is being
generated and how I can prevent it from being generated? Thanks.

:0 hc
  * !^FROM_DAEMON
  * ^Subject: *(send|get) Help
  | ($FORMAILZ -I 'From ' \
        -I"From: $FROMZ" -r \
        -A"X-Loop: $COMSAT" \
        -A"X-Auto-Request: Help" \
        -A"Precedence: junk" \
        -I"Subject: Information and Help on Brock Rozen's Auto-Reply System";\
    cat $PMDIR/text.help) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

  :0Ac
  * !? test -f $HELPLOG
  | touch $HELPLOG

  :0A:
      | ( $FORMAILZ -XFrom: -XDate: -XSubject: -XRequested-Via: ; echo ) >>
$HELPLOG

 | Brock Rozen | brozen(_at_)netvoyage(_dot_)net |
http://www.netvoyage.net/~brozen |
 | Check out my Auto-Reply System -- Send me mail with subject SEND HELP |