Re: Delivering to home directories...

1996-05-15 14:42:29
 I am very new to procmail and I have a simple question. How do I
set up procmail to automatically deliver all email to my users
$HOME/Mail/mbox? I am very tired of having it in /usr/mail. I am a
sysadmin of HP9000 series 700 machines running HP-UX 9.05, and we
are using Sendmail 8.7.3.

Can't you replace the /usr/mail/username with a symlink to
/home/username/mbox?

just a thought
 Bill Hogan                Phone: (602) 985-6842

Ugh.  How many users you got?

No, it's easier than that ... check out the examples/advanced file
in the distribution, Stephen has spelled it out.  Basically you just
edit config.h and recompile ... but also see his warning about stupid
MUA's not being able to find the mail ... then you might need to do
the symlink trick, as a last resort.

(This all assumes that procmail is set up as the local delivery agent.)

Andy
| Andy Rowan                                     |
| Center for Remote Sensing and Spatial Analysis |
| Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ USA       |
| e-mail: rowan(_at_)ocean(_dot_)rutgers(_dot_)edu                |
| WWW: http://deathstar.rutgers.edu/             |