Extraneous filter-flag ignored

1996-06-07 11:32:51
I have the following recipe

:0 fhbW
* ^From.*MyProfsAddress
{

  PROFSTO="`/bin/nawk -f /u/wjenuwin/bin/profsTo`"
  PROFSFROM="`/bin/nawk -f /u/wjenuwin/bin/profsFrom`"

  :0 afW
  | /u/wjenuwin/bin/formail -i "To: $PROFSTO"

  :0 afW
  | /u/wjenuwin/bin/formail -i "From: $PROFSFROM"

}

that generates the error "procmail: Extraneous filter-flag ignored".

This recipe accepts email I forward from my mainframe account to my
unix account and extracts the correct "From:" and "To:" address
information from the body of the message and inserts these CORRECT
headers into the email.  Now from UNIX I can reply to an email that
originated from someone on the mainframe (since forwarding it to my
UNIX account changes who the mail is from)

Other than the message "procmail: Extraneous filter-flag ignored", it
works fine.  If I eliminate the 'f' flag in the first line of the
recipe, the error message stops, but the email's headers are not
corrected as I wish them to be.

Can anyone explain to me how to eliminate the error message and still
accomplish what I want?

I am not subscribed to this email-list, so CC me via an email.

procmail -v  indicates

procmail v3.10 1994/10/31 written and created by Stephen R. van den
Berg

berg(_at_)pool(_dot_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, flock()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
System mailbox:         /usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

thanks

Bill Jenuwine            | Internet: wjenuwin(_at_)ford(_dot_)com
Ford Motor Company       |