a question about setting up mail aliases for virtual domains. (fwd)

1996-06-11 14:44:04
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:00:13 -0500 (CDT)
From: yan(_at_)ns1(_dot_)wwisp(_dot_)com
To: glaze(_at_)rclsgi(_dot_)eng(_dot_)ohio-state(_dot_)edu
Subject: a question about setting up mail aliases for virtual domains.

Hi there:

        I came across your posting on setting up mail aliases for virtual
domains and as you suggested took a look at
http://rclsgi.eng.ohio-state.edu/~glaze/sendmail2.html. I tried to follow
the instructions, and when I restart sendmail , I got the following:

554 /etc/sendmail.cf: line 571: invalid rewrite line "R+ < @ + . >    : 1
< @ 2 > ." (tab expected)
554 /etc/sendmail.cf: line 572: invalid rewrite line "R+ < @ + > *   :
(mbt 1(_at_)2 : 1 < @ 2 > 3 )" (tab expected)
554 /etc/sendmail.cf: line 573: invalid rewrite line "R+ < @ + > *   :
(mbt 2 : 1 < @ 2 > 3 )" (tab expected)
554 /etc/sendmail.cf: line 574: invalid rewrite line "R+ < @ + > .    : 1
< @ 2 . >" (tab expected)

Ok, this error resulted from the following rules I added as suggested:

R$+ < @ $+ . >    $: $1 < @ $2 > .
R$+ < @ $+ > $*   $: $(mbt $1(_at_)$2 $: $1 < @ $2 > $3 $)
R$+ < @ $+ > $*   $: $(mbt $2 $: $1 < @ $2 > $3 $)
R$+ < @ $+ > .    $: $1 < @ $2 . >

Would you please shed some light on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a bunch.

yan

                                  \\\|///
                                \\  - -  //
                                 (  @ @  )
+------------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------------------+
|  Yan Gang Zhu               |                                  |
|  World Web ISP              |     Voice: (205) 942-4700        |
|  25 West Oxmoor; Suite 29   |       Fax: (205) 945-4040        |
|  Homewood, AL 35209         |http://www.wwisp.com/~yan/yan.html|
|           It is logically illogical to assume logic.           |
                                oooO   (   )
                                 \_)