Forwarding

1996-06-28 06:57:03
I just put up Procmail on my system, but I'm not quite sure how I can
invoke it. Here's why.

My company has moved my home directory from machine to machine four or
five times in the last couple of years, and now my home directory is NFS
mounted, and we have a dedicated machine to handle mail.

So right now, I have a .forward file that just has my address in it, and
all mail gets forwarded to the mail machine. Once it gets there, it still
sees the same .forward file, but it's ignored and the mail is actually stored
in my mail machine mailbox.

But now, I want to have any mail that comes in to any address other than
the one on the mail machine to forward to the mail machine, and once it
gets there, to fire up procmail.

So how do I accomplish this? I can't imagine that it's a new

---
Russ Jones - Boeing Information Support Services - Wichita Kansas
tjj0039(_at_)unixmail(_dot_)ks(_dot_)boeing(_dot_)com - (316) 526-9364

Views and/or opinions expressed herein are those of the sender and should
not be construed to represent policies or positions of The Boeing Company.