Forwarding from Friends

1996-07-07 12:31:44
I am computer illiterate. I know almost no unix but I do have a procmail
filter and love it. I would like to know two things:

1. Is it possible to forward mail from your friends and send everything else
to /dev/null (such as asking your friends to use a password in your Subject
line).

2. Can anyone direct me as to how to set up an echo such that when someone
mails me, they will get a message in return? I need it for both vacation and
I would love to have some choice text to send to people who are harassing
me. Right now the harassers just get their e-mail bounced back to them.

The other thing I would like is if there are any resources explaining
procmail and giving plenty of examples - websites or books. Something that
you do not have to be a computer expert to understand.