procmail friends list

1996-07-10 14:31:38
Is it possible to have procmail look at a file or list of email
addresses, and if an address appears in the list it files the message
in a mailbox, else it files it in the default mailbox?  I know the
names can be put in ~/.procmailrc, but it would be more convenient if
the names were stored in a separate file from a maintenance
standpoint, (maybe even ~/.mailrc, or ~/.elm/aliases.text.) Maybe
something like the cache used in Smartlist, or something. Do I have to
spawn an egrep to do this?

        Thanks,

        John

--

John Conover, 631 Lamont Ct., Campbell, CA., 95008, USA.
VOX 408.370.2688, FAX 408.379.9602