Searching Header and Body

1996-07-13 14:07:57
Will someone please check and see if I have this right?

 My interpretation of a "header" is EVERYTHING that occurs before the body
of the message which would be Subject, to, from, and all connecting data
which is apparent on the header (eg. if it is a forgery from Netcom, it
would find the netcom reference even if it were not in the reply-to or from
lines). I hope this definition is correct as I am receiving forged mail to
get around my procmail. Yes, I do report it to the postmaster because I know
they will cancel on the basis of even one forgery, especially if you give
them a telephone call.

This is how I set my Procmail to get rid of a word in the header:

:0
* foot(_at_)*
/dev/null

Would this then remove my need for the following?:

:0:
* ^From(_dot_)foot(_at_)*
/dev/null

Is there any manner to scan BOTH the head and the body for a word (in this
case an e-mail address) and send it to dev/null? This would be the most
efficient for me.

I really appreciate all your help. It is difficult to do all of this when I
don't know a bit of Unix at all, yet I need this technology.