Unidentified subject!

1996-07-19 00:24:09
Howdy! I have a lot of travelling sales people in my company that have AOL
accounts and I've been using procmail to !-forward mail sent to mydomain.com
to their respective AOL accounts.

The current recipe looks like this:
         :0
             * ^TOjim(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
             ! jim(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

         :0
             * ^TOal(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
             ! al(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

         :0
             * ^TOcharles(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
             ! chuck4(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

Every once in a while, I (well my boss) needs to send them all memos at the
same time.  How can procmail handle the multiple names without quitting out
after the first one (does that make sense?)  Would something like this work:

         :0 c
             * ^TOjim(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
             ! jim(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

         :0 c
             * ^TOal(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
             ! al(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

         :0 c
             * ^TOcharles(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
             ! chuck4(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

Or am I going to end up with huge mail loops that will eventually bring down
the server and make my life a living hell?  ALSO, is there anyway for
procmail to determine if there are multiple recipients in the header?

Thanks in advance for your time!

-- Brett

bschlank(_at_)pacificnet(_dot_)net
nonluddite/filmmaker/writer/troubleshooter
http://www.pacificnet.net/~bschlank
Only the morally courageous can speak to their fellow man for two
hours in the dark -- Frank Capra, filmmaker