Re: Procmail for all outgoing mail? How?

1996-07-19 07:28:40
Jeff Gustafson <jeffgus(_at_)packardbell(_dot_)com> wrote:
      I'm trying to do something that I can't figure out.  I don't

out.  But I can't sent the mail that is replied to via pop clients to be
processed by procmail as they go through the mail gateway.  I want the
messages to be piped through mhonarc and the From line changed as they go
out.

Non-trivial (that's an understatement).

      I tried to put in the 2 rules in the procmail man page into
ruleset 0 of my sendmail.cf.  But I very much doubt that I did that
correctly.  Here's my .mc file:

      I then add in the 2 lines from the man page.
      Where did I go wrong?

Not easy to explain.  If the hint in the procmail man page is not enough,
then the learning curve is too steep for most people to handle (at least,
that's what experience shows).  It would take a *very* lengthy tutorial
to make it easy to setup for anyone.  And even then, it cannot be made
entirely foolproof, due to the flexible configurability of sendmail.

Either grab the bat-book for sendmail and learn how rulesets work in
a sendmail.cf file (not a sendmail.mc file); it's not that complicated
actually, but most people simply give up too easily.  Or ask someone who *can*
do it to make the modifications to your sendmail.mc/.cf file for you.  I'd
personally be willing to do so, but not for free, maybe there are others on
the list that will do it for less :-).
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.